Play Pickleball at the Y!
Meet Coach George Dwyer!
Pickleball skills clinic for 1 hour with basic shot selection & technique instruction followed by open member play. Covers all strokes, court positioning, shot placement, strategy, and scoring. For beginner and intermediate players. All equipment is provided. The final 30 minutes is open play guided by our certified pickleball coach. Clinics will be 7:1 ratio. Bringing your own paddle is recommended.
DATES/TIMES (Click on your preferred day to enroll online):
Tuesday: 1:30-3:00pm (open member play from 2:30-3:00pm)
Thursday: 1:30-3:00pm (open member play from 2:30-3:00pm)
*Open member play is offered following the first hour of instruction to promote member-to-member play and friendly competition.
6 weeks - Full Member: $90, Program Member: $120
(Rates are for one day/each week)
Pickleball Guidelines & Recommendations:
- Prior to and after play, wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal use hand sanitizer.
- Clean and wipe down your paddle and water bottles.
- Do not share paddles or any other equipment or clothing.
- Bring a full personal use water bottle(s).
- Consider wearing gloves during play to avoid picking up pickleballs with your hands.
- Limit your distance to six feet or more to other players.
- Avoid contact with others, such as hand shaking and high fives.
- During clinics, only the coach will be permitted to retrieve pickleballs by hand. Players can assist by rolling balls with foot to an area.
- Use your paddle and foot to pick up pickleballs and transfer them to your opponent. If utilizing a raised net, hit the ball under the net to your opponent.
- Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Maintain proper social distancing from other players in between games and during time outs.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
- Avoid post-play socializing.
- Thoroughly wash your paddles, grips, pickleballs, towels, clothes, bags, water bottles, and other items you have used or touched.